Landlord Tenant Law
Property laws in Texas can be very confusing. Landlord-Tenant laws are an intersection of property laws, consumer protection laws, contract law, regulations and ordinances. Court decisions frequently change the way these statutes are interpreted and can affect not only the way you handle your business, but also the way you live.
The landlord-tenant relationship can be complex. Whether the parties are negotiating a commercial or residential lease, or disputing the terms of an existing agreement, both sides have specific rights and obligations that must be considered.
- Is your tenant not paying rent?
- Is your tenant violating a term of the lease?
- Are you having difficulty getting your tenant to move out?
- Is your tenant making multiple unreasonable requests?
- Do you have a lease-to-own agreement?
- Do you need assistance in the drafting of a lease?
- Are being wrongfully evicted?
- Is your rent being raised before your lease expires?
- Is your landlord refusing to make reasonable repairs?
- Do you need to know what the eviction laws are in Texas?
- Do you need help understanding your lease?
- Do you feel you have been discriminated against?
If So, We Can Help!
Bailey & Galyen’s lawyers have the experience to navigate these complicated rules and can help eradicate disputes and capitalize on opportunities. Through continuing legal education and self study, our lawyers stay on top of all recent developments in the law regarding landlord-tenant disputes. We understand that disputes between a landlord and a tenant can be stressful on both parties.
Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, we aggressively fight to protect your rights. We can provide the resources, expertise and efficiencies of a large law firm, while maintaining the personalized service and individual attention from a small law firm. Our goal is to get the best possible result with the lowest overall cost to you.